Online Marketing Classroom is a platform which has been teaching people how to earn their living online since 2008.
The program includes abundant training on employing a variety of business models such as
- Affiliate marketing
- Kindle publishing
- Amazon FBA
- Selling your own info-products
In addition to the training, it also contains a plethora of useful tools as well as support through email and a private Facebook group.
The major downside of OMC is its price as it costs a whopping one-time payment of $1497 and offers no free-trial whatsoever.
For most people, including me, spending that amount of money on a product can be a relatively big turnoff, especially when there exist online marketing training platforms of the same or even highest quality and value, like Wealthy Affiliate, which cost way less and let you test drive them for free.
14 Quick, Fun Facts About Wealthy Affiliate:
- Free to join and get started
- Cheap premium membership
- Almost 1 million active members
- Helping people build successful online businesses since 2005
- One-click WordPress website builder
- Free hosting
- Dedicated tech support
- Hundreds of hours of high-quality, step-by-step, affiliate marketing training
- Weekly live webinars
- Instant support through a live chat
- Tons of real-life success stories
- One on one mentoring
- Perfect everyone who is after earning their living online
- Extremely beginner friendly
Best Affiliate Marketing Courses
Best Affiliate Courses
Free to Join
Online Marketing Classroom Overview
Name of Product:
Online Marketing Classroom
Aidan Booth & Steven Clayton
$1497 one-time payment – No upsells
High potential but way too expensive for my taste
More Affordable Suggestion(s):
High earnings potential. Teaches about several legit online business models. Could help you earn your living online.
Hundreds of hours of training. A plethora of custom-built tools. Done-for-you landing pages and email swipes.
Value for Money
Its price is pretty high but so is its overall value. However, you can find programs of the same value much cheaper.
Access to an active private Facebook group. Email support as well.
Not so many success stories within their private Facebook group. The success story on the sales page is fake.
- Teaches about multiple profitable online business models
- Hundreds of hours of training
- Access to a bunch of useful tools
- 60-day, money-back guarantee
- Active private Facebook group
- Analyzing the success mindset
- Monthly live webinars
- No additional costs
- Way too expensive for my taste
- Kind of unrealistic claims
- I don’t like done-for-you systems
- Spotted a potentially fake success story on the program’s sales page
- No specialized training
- Too freaking expensive (I know I mentioned this before but come on… It’s too freaking expensive!)
Sure! If you are okay with spending $1497 on it...
I'd go for Wealthy Affiliate if I were you.
What is Online Marketing Classroom?
Online marketing classroom is, well, a classroom which teaches how to make money through online marketing…
The classroom was created back in 2008 by two already successful online marketers, Aidan Booth, and Steven Clayton.
Aidan Booth has been an online marketer since 2005 and he started online marketing as a means to geographic freedom.
Steve Clayton has been an online marketer since 2003 and he got started because he wanted to escape the 9-5 rat race and become his own boss.
Both of them achieved their goals and within OMC they share what they learned during their journey in order to help people who want to earn their living online succeed just like them.
The first version of their course was called “Commission Blueprint”. Despite helping some people earn money online, it still had a ton of room improvement.
With the experience and feedback they gathered through releasing their first course, they went ahead and upgraded it to “Commission Blueprint Evolution” a few years later.
However, their product still needed more work and after a while, they improved upon it and released it as “Commission Blueprint Evolution Accelerated”.
This is basically OMC’s main course at that point.
The course is basically comprised by several done-for-you landing pages (thus the term accelerated) which are monetized through affiliate marketing while at the same time focus on capturing the emails of your readers in order to do continuous business with them after they leave your page.
However, OMC is not just comprised of this course but it also contains other training modules, labs, workshops, as well as a variety of tools to speed up and maximize results.
Don’t worry, I am going to talk about everything included in a while.
Who is Online Marketing Classroom for?
Online Marketing Classroom is perfect for those who
- want to quit their job and work for themselves online but don’t know how to get started
- have already started an online business but aren’t seeing any substantial results
- have tried other MMO courses without any luck
- are already running an online business and want to increase their revenue
- are able and willing to invest $1497 in this course
Who is Online Marketing Classroom NOT for?
Online Marketing classroom is NOT for people who
- don’t have $1497 to invest in the program or aren’t willing to do so (if this is you, go ahead and check out Wealthy Affiliate as it’s much cheaper and FREE to join and test drive)
- are after earning money fast and effortlessly (there’s no such thing as shortcuts to riches)
- aren’t willing to put in the time and effort to achieve their desired results
- will purchase the course and keep inventing excuses to not act on it
- aren’t interested in earning their living online
- usually give up at the first setback
What's Inside Online Marketing Classroom?
OMC’s training is comprised of 3 main components…
First of all, we have 6 business labs.
Each lab provides step-by-step instructions on how to make money with a different online business model.
The 6 business models that you will learn about are:
- Affiliate marketing (earn commissions by promoting other people’s products)
- Amazon FBA (sell your own physical products on Amazon)
- Consulting and coaching
- Creating and selling your own e-products
- Amazon Kindle Publishing (earn money by writing and selling your own e-books on Amazon Kindle)
- SEO services (offer your services to other businesses as an SEO specialist)
Secondly, we have a library of tutorials…
In there, you’ll find 45+ tutorials on several subjects such as
- building sales funnels
- selecting the subject of your business
- running product launches
- increasing your conversions
- case studies
- designing high converting landing pages
- mastering email marketing
- other methods to boost results
- + dozens of manuals and spreadsheets helping you with the execution of everything you learn
Lastly, as an OMC member, you gain access to the monthly live webinars.
Those webinars will keep you up-to-date with the latest trends in the ever-changing online landscape thus allowing you to always be one step ahead of your competition!
And this is just the start.
After everything I’ve talked about, upon purchasing OMC, you also gain access to the Commission Blueprint Evolution Accelerated course.
The Commission Blueprint Evolution Accelerated Course
This course mainly focuses on earning money by promoting affiliate marketing offers through landing pages.
The course consists of 9 core elements such as
- Done-for-you landing pages
- Software and tools to help you set up everything faster and maximize results (more on those tools later on)
- Traffic generation training (both free and paid traffic through social media, search engines, shareable content such as infographics, on-page/off-page SEO, etc)
- Premade sales funnels and lead magnets to give out for free in exchange for people’s email addresses
- Pre-written automated emails to turn your leads to buyers
- Workshop sessions, Live Q&A sessions, access to the replays of older live sessions, interviews of already successful affiliate marketers who share tips, practices, and insights which have worked for them
- Super Strategy Manual – Practices that Steve and Aidan use to scale their businesses
- Social support through a private Facebook group and an email help desk
- Execution plans and instructions to put everything just mentioned together
Let’s take a look at those tools I mentioned earlier, shall we?
Online Marketing Classroom’s Tools & Software
With OMC, you’ll not only get all the guidance you need to build a successful online business, but you’ll also get a variety of tools to further help you in doing so.
Those tools will save you a lot of time building, scaling, monitoring, and managing your businesses as well as money as you won’t have to purchase any 3rd party tools and services to do so.
The tools I am talking about are:
- Crowdforce (monitoring and managing your free traffic)
- Bounce Breaker (converts visitors to leads and buyers by deploying pop-ups, banners, etc)
- Landing Page Launchpad (drag and drop landing page builder)
- Traffic Spy (monitoring your traffic and its behavior – Kind of like Google Analytics)
- Hawkeye (search for high-profit product opportunities)
- Domains On Fire (find recently expired domain names that used to rank in the top 10 of Google for certain keywords with high traffic and commercial intent. Once you find a domain, you then register it and either flip it or re-rank it for profit)
- Ecom Product Finder (locate new products and niches which could be profitable)
- Viral Search Tool (locate content that gets a lot of social shares and traffic, and write pieces similar to it to get traffic to your sales pages)
- Free Trust Seals (increase your website’s credibility by including those seals which normally cost a couple of hundreds of dollars each)
In addition to all those tools, you also gain access to a tool called “The Blackbird Suite”.
This tool includes 60+ training videos on building an Amazon FBA business as well as software which will make the whole process much smoother by
- Increasing your Amazon reviews
- Tracking your products
- Finding more profitable products
- Finding high-converting and relevant keywords for your products
Online Marketing Classroom Bonuses
In addition to everything else, OMC offers the 3 following bonuses:
- Outsource Mastery Course (7 modules with 30 videos and manuals teaching you how to outsource certain parts of your business in order to speed up results the right way)
- Private Mastermind Session (more strategies on how to expedite your results and maximize your earnings)
- Phase X (take your business to the next level by employing multiple business models in the same or similar niches. For instance, if your niche is weight loss, you can create an info product on nutrition and promote it on your already existing customers or subscribers)
Do People Actually Succeed With Online Marketing Classroom?
To tell you the truth, I was surprised that I couldn’t find more than a just a few success stories of people who have already purchased and used the program within the program’s private Facebook group.
The story that struck me the most is the one displayed within OMC’s sales page of a guy named Niko who is supposedly earning a 7-figure income by following OMC’s training.
I truly believe that the story above is fake as I swear that I’ve seen this guy’s face in a stock photo website.
At that time, I couldn’t find the actual stock image though so I can’t really confirm the illegitimacy of the story or the picture.
How Much Does Online Marketing Classroom Cost?
Online Marketing Classroom costs a one-time payment of $1497.
The program offers no upsells and had no hidden additional costs.
Once you purchase OMC that’s it – you gain full access to each and every one of its training modules, bonuses, tools, and features for life.
The program is also covered by a 60-day, money-back guarantee.
This means that if for any reason you end up not liking what you purchased, you can ask for a full refund of your money and they will give it to you no questions asked.
I can’t really vouch for that, as I’ve heard of people having trouble getting refunds from ClickBank lately…
So, be careful to not spend your money based on the premise that you’ll be able to get it back later as per your request, because you might not.
What I Like About Online Marketing Classroom
1 • The Multiple Models it Teaches
The first thing I like about OMC is that it teaches about multiple online business models.
This enables those who purchase it to experiment with a variety of business models and find out which suits them the best or which brings the best results for them.
2 • Hundreds of Hours of Training
If you add up the labs, the workshops, the tutorials, the Commission Blueprint training, the Blackbird training, and the bonuses, it equals to hundreds of hours of high-quality online marketing training.
And if you take into account the live monthly webinars, those hours will keep increasing month after month.
If you think about it, to attend just a one-hour long conference on online marketing, you need at least half of the money that you’d pay for this course. And sometimes, their prices can rise up to more than $2000…
3 • Useful Tools
I like tools! Tools make our lives easier and OMC provides us with 10 of them.
I believe that the most valuable of those 10 tools are the Bounce Breaker tool which helps us capture a visitor’s email in order to do business with them in the future as well as the Traffic Spy tool which helps us optimize our pages based on the behavior of our visitors.
It goes without question that you could do all those things manually, without any tools but it would take much more time and effort on your part…
You could hammer a nail with a stone but it’s much easier to just use a hammer.
4 • Active Private Facebook Group
As you can see in the image below, OMC’s Facebook group is still pretty active having at least 4 new posts per day.
Also, as it seems, 76 people have purchased the program in the last 30 days and now it has a total of 1100+ members which is pretty impressive if you asked me…
The reality is that having direct access to people who have succeeded with the program before you, who have tried and tested everything, and who knows what works (and what doesn’t) is a very valuable aspect of OMC as it will save you time, save you money and help you get to where you want to be as quickly as possible.
Believe me, there’s nothing that can make your journey to success smoother than having an active support group of people who have already achieved what you are trying to achieve and who will be there to help you throughout your journey whenever you might need it.
5 • Talking About Success Mindset
At the beginning of the training, there is a section where Steve and Aidan are talking about the fear of failure, lack of perseverance, and negative beliefs that hold most people back from succeeding in earning money online as well as how to reverse all that in order to achieve their financial goals…
It’s very rare that an MMO course takes the time to talk about the kind of mindset required to succeed online.
6 • 60-day, Money-back Guarantee
Didn’t you like Online Marketing Classroom for some reason?
You can ask for your money back as long as it happens within 60 days from your initial purchase.
Even if Aidan and Steve refuse to cooperate, you can contact ClickBank directly and they will proceed with your refund.
7 • No Additional Costs
Thankfully, OMC has no hidden additional costs. Once you pay your $1497, that’s it!
No tricks, no upsells, and no need to purchase any additional 3rd party tools since OMC provides all the tools that you need to build and scale your online businesses.
What I Don't Like About Online Marketing Classroom
1 • Kind of Unrealistic Claims
Truth is, I’ve seen way worse…
But still, OMC’s main sales page includes some unrealistic claims in order to drive more people to actually buy the program.
For instance, Aidan and Steve claim that it’s fast and easy to start earning money and that you could earn $100k with their system.
They are also overusing the words “secret” and “hidden” and “private” in order to induce people’s curiosity.
It’s obvious that they are making such claims in an attempt to increase their sales and I totally understand it but I don’t really like it.
2 • Way Too Expensive for my Taste
Well, I’ve said it before and I am going to say it again. Online Marketing Classroom is way too expensive for my taste.
To tell you the truth, I would never spend $1497 on a single product, especially as a beginner, except if money were running down my pants.
If you can relate with me, then I’d suggest checking out Wealthy Affiliate or Project 24 which are both a lot cheaper but nonetheless, very high-quality affiliate marketing training platforms.
3 • Not Fond of Done-For-You Systems
Besides the expensive price of the course, I am also not that fond of done-for-you systems.
The reason is that if 1000 people purchase the course and have to choose among let’s say 50 premade landing pages, many people will end up with similar or even identical pages which besides hurting your reputation and credibility, it will also hurt your search engine rankings and thus your ability to get free traffic.
4 • No Specialized Training
While the fact that OMC teaches about multiple business models is something that sets the course apart from the majority of courses out there, at the same time, the training it offers on each individual business model will naturally not be that specialized and in-depth.
If you already know the business model that you want to employ, then I would suggest going for a program which specializes in teaching only about this exact model.
If you aren’t sure, then OMC might be a good choice as with it you’ll be able to experiment with different models until you find the one which fits you the most.
5 • Fake Success Story?
Lastly, although I can’t prove it right now, I am 99% that the story of Niko below who is supposedly earning a 7-figure income after purchasing OMC is fake as I’ve seen pictures of the person in the photo on stock image websites.
If at some point, I manage to locate the stock images I am talking about, I will come back and include it right here.
Affiliate marketing FAQs
Affiliate marketing is an online business model that involves promoting products or services created and distributed by third-party online merchants in exchange for getting paid a commission for each sale you refer.
In layman’s terms, affiliate marketing is the process of being compensated for helping businesses sell to more customers.
Here’s a bird’s eye view of how affiliate marketing works.
- You join a merchant’s affiliate program
- The merchant gives you a unique affiliate link that points to their e-shop
- You promote your unique affiliate link online (blog, forums, social media, paid ads, etc.)
- Every time someone clicks on your unique affiliate link and makes a purchase on the merchant’s e-shop, the merchant pays you a commission
There are thousands of successful affiliate marketers all around the world. Some of the most well-known ones are:
- Pat Flynn
- Matt Diggity
- Matthew Woodward
- Doug Cunnington
- & more
You can check out a roundup of my 17 favorite examples of affiliate success and their backstories right here.
- Billion-dollar industry
- Very low startup & operational expenses
- Huge income potential
- Flexible & versatile
- Passive income
- Simple to implement
- No technical background
- No customer support
- No physical setup
Affiliate marketers can be divided into five main income groups:
- Total beginners: $0 – $20,000 per year
- Low-level affiliates: $20,000 – $50,000 per year
- Intermediate affiliates: $50,000 – $100,000 per year
- High-level affiliates: $100,000 – $500,000 per year
- Super affiliates: $500,000+ per year
According to PayScale, the average annual income for affiliate marketers in the US is over $54,000 per year. Statistics reveal that 13% of affiliates earn more than $75,000 per year.
Some of the factors that influence how much you earn as an affiliate marketer include:
- target niche
- available resources
- previous experience
- marketing efforts
- & overall mindset
Here’s a rough income growth timeline of a typical affiliate marketing business:
- months (0-3): no earnings
- months (3-6): first affiliate sale
- months (6-12): $100-$500 monthly
- months (12-18): $1000 monthly
- months (18-24): $3000+ monthly
This timeline isn’t a guarantee of future performance but rather a mere approximation of the income growth of an average affiliate business. Your own timeline could be shorter or longer than projected.
Over the years, I’ve seen aspiring affiliates striking a gold vein just a few months into the industry. On the other hand, I personally know people who’ve been struggling to grow their affiliate revenue to $1000 per month for several years.
Affiliate marketing is one of the most affordable money-making models out there.
Here’s a breakdown of everything you need to get started as an affiliate marketer along with their associated costs:
- web hosting & domain name: $2.95/month (Bluehost)
- keyword research tool: $49/month (Jaaxy)
- expert guidance: $49/month (Wealthy Affiliate)
- email autoresponder: Free for up to 1000 subs (MailerLite)
Please note that on top of expert guidance, Wealthy Affiliate also provides free access to hosting and a keyword research tool so you don’t have to purchase them separately.
Yes, you can do affiliate marketing without a website by promoting your affiliate links on other marketing channels, such as:
- Social Media
- Paid Ads
The process of getting started with affiliate marketing can be broken down into the following four simple steps:
- Pick a niche
- Launch a blog
- Build an audience
- Promote affiliate products
No, you don’t.
Affiliate marketing is very simple to get started with by virtually anyone regardless of age, education, background, available capital, tech-savviness, professional network, etc.
In fact, most 6-figure affiliate marketers were no more experienced than you currently are when they first ventured into the affiliate marketing industry.
Nonetheless, being knowledgeable in fields like marketing, sales, content production, business management, etc., could help you reach your financial goals somewhat faster.
So, What Now?
Okay, so you read this Online Marketing Classroom review in its entirety…
Well, now you have 4 options.
- You either go ahead and join the Online Marketing Classroom.
- You take my alternate cheaper, but equally high-quality suggestions Project 24 or Wealthy Affiliate (optimal choice)
- You take a look at the dozens of others reviews I’ve written hoping you’ll find what you are looking for in there
- Or you walk out of here completely empty-handed, you never start your online business and you move on living your current life for the years to come
If I were where you are (which I’ve been), I would go ahead and join Wealthy Affiliate (which is what I actually did).
For me, Wealthy Affiliate is one of the best affiliate marketing training platforms that currently exist. I’ve actually been a premium Wealthy Affiliate member for almost 3 years now and I couldn’t be more satisfied with it.
Wealthy Affiliate also has the most success stories I’ve ever seen in an MMO course. More and more are being posted daily.
In addition, Wealthy Affiliate is completely FREE to join!
As a free member, you have access to some basic affiliate marketing training, you can get your very first online business up and running, use the keyword research tool, as well as contact other members through a live chat.
If you want to gain access to all of the platform’s features, you can go ahead and upgrade your membership to premium which costs $49 per month at worst.
So, what are you going to do?
Great review, thank you.
When I was setting out I gave OMC a serious coat of looking at, and I have to say that I agree with you totally. The outlay required initially is way too high, especially as they don’t offer a free trial to their prospective customers so that they can at least take a look.
On the surface it looks like a great program that offers a lot of stuff that you would have to spend this amount of money on to pull together from separate sources, but if like most people that are attracted to online marketing, you are skint, then you are going to get to the same results, admittedly a lot slower but that also gives you the ability and opportunity to learn each segment in-depth before you expand.
It’s true that most of the time, those who are after earning money online, won’t be able to invest that kind of money in a course to teach them how to do it.
This was definitely the case for me back then and if I hadn’t found an affordable way to get started (Wealthy Affiliate), chances are that this website wouldn’t exist.
For those of you who don’t have that much money to invest but still have an urge to create your own online marketing business, make sure to check out Wealthy Affiliate as it’s free to join and you can get its premium version for as low as $24 per month (Black Friday offer).
Indeed, a $1497 payment is just too high for someone that is just starting out. I don’t even think people want to go further with that program. I must admit that the features are pretty enticing, especially the training, though this can sometimes be overwhelming.
I’m always worried about things that have been done for me. I feel like I’m not the one doing the work and I might not put my entire effort.
Your review on the alternative Wealthy Affiliate is on point. It is pretty much affordable and it is what I would go for, not just because of the free trial just to test the waters, but also because of their large community that is willing to help you if you feel stuck.
I don’t like done-for-me systems either.. Everyone ends up with the same or similar content and pages. I’d definitely prefer taking the time to build something unique of my own.
On the other hand, you don’t really have to use the done-for-you pages as the training teaches you how to build your own as well. Or you can take a pre-made landing page and edit it to such an extent that has nothing to do with its original version.
Yeah, I can see why the price might be a problem. Obviously, it’s one time only, but 1,5k is A LOT. Beginners would be too turned off by that to even give it a try, they’d think it’s some form of scam.
Because it teaches you various ways of making money, I’d see this as being useful for those who already have good earnings online in one business model, and want to expand their business.
You don’t have to be a jack of all trades and master of none.
A program being expensive doesn’t automatically mean that it’s a scam. Truthfully, most ClickBank scams cost $47 or $37 or $27.
Nonetheless, OMC’s price is definitely a no-no for most of those who want to get started with online marketing.
After all, the whole beauty of starting an online business is that it requires minimal overhead and OMC’s price is almost as much as the minimum overhead of starting a home-based franchise which is somewhere around $2000.
You made a great point in showing how Wealthy Affiliate provides even greater value compared to OMC. Listing the course outline of both options showed that they offered very similar courses. But clearly Wealthy Affiliate offered the better value.
I loved the fact that they have a free offer to try out their training and other opportunities for FREE. That is proof that Wealthy Affiliate are serious about helping its members excel.
In wish you all the best.
I am glad that you found value within my review. If you end up joining Wealthy Affiliate, let me know in order to connect within the platform.